Black Friday CountDown 1

13 November, 2006

New trend at the Mal of The Emirates



A new, healthy and quite smart (I can say) trend is set at the Mall of The Emirates.
As an early bird today morning I headed to the Mall as soon as my kid departure to school. Of course on my arrival at 8.30 am all of the shops were closed. Even the supermarket Carrefour is opening at 9 am. Well, no much choice left, but to walk around and do some window shopping until the shops open. The stores and boutiques on the second floor are far more interesting than on the ground floor, so I went up. Walking around I was surprised to see two ladies in their sports outfits hurrying towards the Home Centre. At first seem it as they are part of the staff on the way to open the store and I didn’t pay a lot of attention. But then a group of four girls passed by and I began to figure that this is a sport activity. Impulsively I drag the camera out of my bag, but than saw the surprised look of one of the girls face and put it down. It wasn’t right to interrupt them with some picture taking (for a moment I felt as hated paparazzi invading the privacy of individuals). Despite all I wanted to take a picture and waited for the girls to go little far. Few minutes later a local man passed by and I already alerted paid quite an attention. And than another two older ladies in sports outfits and covered with scarves hairs hurried opposite me.
Well, it is not the first time I hear about walking at the Malls. Actually last year there was an article at the 7DAYS newspaper about recreational walking at the City Centre. Today for first time I actually see it happening and I like it. It makes a lot of sense as the weather is not always good for walking in Dubai. I love walking and on and off am rounding my neighborhood, but at least 4 months a year is too hot, sometimes windy or sandy, often noisy with all of the construction going around.
What more can I say??
I will definitely give it a try. All those is far from my home, the calming atmosphere
of the about to open Mall of the Emirates and the scenery of shop displays are tempting. Here I am not going to discuss the benefits of a good walk as they are familiar to any one.
If any one wants to find more information about the size of the Mall of The Emirates along with the shops, stores, boutiques and coffee shops (breakfast option after a good walk), please click here.

2 comments:

Fran said...

I like this new trend and actually makes lot of sense. If any one would like to join me, I would try my self.Please girls let me know if you like to met up for a walk...

Anonymous said...

It's not fair to have taken picture of my behind. If you had asked, I could have posed properly and get some publicity ..............LOL!